Professional and Technical Writing Certificate
Students develop high-demand skills in written communication for professional and technical contexts:
- Communicating an organization’s goals and objectives to a range of stakeholders, including professional and public audiences
- Explaining technical and specialized topics
- Designing and delivering information in a way that meets the needs of specific users and organizations
- Using a range of technologies to complete written communication projects
- Working collaboratively and using project management strategies
(All colleges, open only to degree-seeking UWL students)
|Select four courses from the following:||12|
|Writing for Management, Public Relations and the Professions|
|Writing in the Sciences|
|Digital Content Writing, Strategy, and Experience Design|
|Introduction to Professional and Technical Writing|
- Students must earn a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA in the certificate's coursework.
- Students may complete the certificate or the minor in professional and technical writing, not both.