Microbiology Honors Program
The Microbiology Honors Program is designed to recognize outstanding academic performance and understanding of research in microbiology.
Requirements for admission into the honors program are:
- Completion of the application for continuation in the major (completion of one semester math, three semesters of chemistry, and twelve credits in the major including MIC 230 ).
- Provide a transcript demonstrating a 3.25 GPA in biology, chemistry and microbiology courses and a cumulative overall GPA of 3.25.
- Recommendation by two faculty members from the department.
Requirements for earning a degree with honors in microbiology include:
- Completion of all major requirements with a cumulative GPA in the major of 3.5 and a cumulative overall GPA of 3.25.
- Completion of a minimum of two credits of MIC 499.
- Presentation of results of MIC 499 research at a colloquium of faculty and students or at a professional meeting.
Students graduating with honors in microbiology will receive an honors certificate.