Educational Leadership Certificate
The Educational Leadership Certificate is a 28-credit program for teachers, school counselors, school psychologists, and school social workers with a minimum of a master's degree seeking PK-12 Principal (5051) licensure through the WI Department of Public Instruction. The philosophy of the program is a learning-in-community, constructivist model with culturally relevant teaching. Students join in a cohort. The program meets the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards, the Wisconsin Administrative Standards, and professional educational requirements for principal licensure in Wisconsin. An administrative portfolio is required for program completion and licensure.
- A master’s degree in education or closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Have completed three years of successful full-time teaching experience at any of the grades at the early childhood through adolescence developmental range, OR have completed three years of successful experience as a school counselor, a school psychologist, or a school social worker, which includes evidence of at least 540 hours of successful classroom teaching experience.
- Hold or be eligible to hold any Professional Educator License to teach at the early childhood through adolescence developmental range or shall have completed an approved program leading to a license to teach, OR hold or be eligible to hold a Professional Educator License as a school counselor, a school psychologist, or a school social worker, or shall have completed an approved program leading to one of these licenses.
- One of the following:
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.85 on a 4.00 scale, or
- An average of at least 3.00 in the last half of all undergraduate work, or
- An average of at least 3.00 for no fewer than 12 semester credits of graduate study at another accredited graduate institution.
Complete online application.
Two professional letters of recommendation.
Copy of applicant's teacher or administrator license.
Provide verification that degrees completed outside the state meet WI teaching standards.
|EDU 765||Introduction to Educational Leadership||3|
|EDU 766||The Principalship||3|
|EDU 767||Data-based Decision Making for Instruction||3|
|EDU 768||Supervision and Evaluation||3|
|EDU 769||Leadership and Cultural Competence||3|
|EDU 770||School Law||3|
|EDU 771||School Finance & Resource Allocation||3|
|EDU 772||Inclusive Pedagogical Practices||3|
|EDU 773||Practicum in the Principalship & Practicum Seminar||4|
An administrative portfolio is required for program completion and licensure.