German Studies Education Minor (Early Adolescence-Adolescence Certification)
(Teacher certification programs: early adolescence-adolescence; admission to EA-A (STEP) is required)
|GER 300||Advanced German||3|
|300 level coursework|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|German Conversation and Composition|
|German Grammar and Composition|
|German Conversation and Phonetics|
|GER 320||German Civilization: 1870-Reunification||3|
|or GER 321||German Civilization: 1989-Present|
|GER 301||An Introduction to German Literature||3|
|Select one German elective at the 300/400 level. Electives may be taken abroad. 1||3|
|GCL 310||Theories and Research in Second Language Acquisition||3|
|GCL 400||Teaching World Languages: Methods and Approaches||3|
Study abroad requirement:
- All students should consult with their advisor in German regarding specific requirements for study abroad.
- All German studies education minors are required to complete an approved foreign language immersion experience of at least 14 weeks (one semester).
- All German studies education EA-A minors are required to complete GER 300 before studying abroad.
Language proficiency for student teaching requirements:
Prior to student teaching, teacher candidates are required to
- Demonstrate proficiency with an "Intermediate High" rating on the American Council Teaching of Foreign Languages Oral Proficiency test in German (ACTFL-OPIc) and
- Demonstrate proficiency with an "Intermediate High" rating on the American Council Teaching of Foreign Languages Written Proficiency test in German (ACTFL-WPT internet).