Admission Policies: High School Students & ECCP Program
Concurrent high school/UWL enrollment and Early College Credit Program
UWL offers enrollment options to high school students who wish to pursue university course work while completing their studies in high school. Special admission is granted only to those highly qualified applicants who demonstrate that they can benefit from entrance into college.
Early College Credit Program (2017 Wisconsin Act 59) stipulates that high school students at public and private high schools in Wisconsin can earn college credit through the Early College Credit Program. A student selected for the program may be permitted to enroll at UW-La Crosse to take one or more courses for which the student may earn high school credit, post-secondary credit, or both. Payment of tuition and fees is determined by the high school. Cost is 1/3 of regular tuition and fees.
Registration for courses as a high school student is subject to course, program, and institutional enrollment limits.
Admission requirements for concurrent high school/UWL enrollment
- High school seniors must rank in the upper 25% of their high school class or score in the upper 10% on the ACT/SAT (26 or higher ACT composite score or SAT of 1240 in Critical Reading + Math). High school sophomores and juniors must rank in the upper 10% of their high school class.
- Completion of appropriate preparatory high school course work for college courses.
- A personal interview may be required for sophomore candidates.
Application procedures for concurrent high school/UWL enrollment
- Submit a UW System application. Students apply as a "special non-degree" student. The application fee is not required.
- Submit a completed Early College Credit Program and High School Special Agreement Form.
- Submit an official high school transcript and, if applicable, ACT/SAT scores.
- UW Placement Test scores and AP Test scores (if applicable) must be submitted for math, modern languages, English, computer science, and some science courses.
All required materials (1-4) should be sent to the Admissions Office. The mailing address is Admissions Office, 1725 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601 USA.